Saturday, January 9, 2010

Son of God


Jesus Christ, Son of God, died for our sins as part of God’s plan. He knew this and spoke of it during His ministry.

Ye have heard how I said unto you, I go away, and come again unto you. If ye loved me, ye would rejoice, because I said, I go unto the Father: for my Father is greater than I. And now I have told you before it come to pass, that, when it is come to pass, ye might believe. (John 14:28-29 KJV)

He accepted His father’s will.

He went away again the second time, and prayed, saying, O my Father, if this cup may not pass away from me, except I drink it, thy will be done. (Matthew 26:42 KJV)

He also died because He was not what people expected and they did not believe what they were told.

Then came the Jews round about him, and said unto him, How long dost thou make us to doubt? If thou be the Christ, tell us plainly. (John 10:24 KJV)

I love His answer:

Jesus answered them, I told you, and ye believed not: (John 10:25a KJV)

He still tells us and many still do not believe. There are so many excuses. Some will laugh at God’s word calling it mythology from ages ago. They point to the number of other religions in the world saying if there were a God He would not allow such dissension. I have often wondered how someone who does not believe in God can determine how He would act, if He existed. I, on the other hand, have His word for it. Christ continued,

the works that I do in my Father's name, they bear witness of me. (John 10:25b KJV)

Christ gave His questioners an out.

If I do not the works of my Father, believe me not. (John 10:37 KJV)

Believe, or don’t believe. This choice is daily laid before those who have delayed their decision.

How did his questioners react?

Therefore they sought again to take him: but he escaped out of their hand, (John 10:39 KJV)

Their minds were not convinced. His answers angered them and they felt they had to stop Him. Some today react the same way. Some must constantly deride, ridicule and treat with contempt what has been given that we might spend eternity with One who loved us so:

For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life. For God sent not his Son into the world to condemn the world; but that the world through him might be saved. He that believeth on him is not condemned: but he that believeth not is condemned already, because he hath not believed in the name of the only begotten Son of God. (John 3:16-18 KJV)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking time to read and comment on the blog. Comments should take into consideration this verse: Finally, brethren, whatsoever things are true, whatsoever things are honest, whatsoever things are just, whatsoever things are pure, whatsoever things are lovely, whatsoever things are of good report; if there be any virtue, and if there be any praise, think on these things. (Philippians 4:8 KJV)